Connect with your community
Queer Events works towards ensuring that our community can have access to the spaces, tools and information we need to connect with each other in a different way. Our goal is to see a more connected, stronger, welcoming and accessible LGBT2Q+ community.
Our first initiative was to create a tool that empowers our community with information we need to connect, whether you are looking to expand your social group, gain new experiences, are new to the city or to (an expert at) being out and proud. QueerEvents.ca was born. A dynamic website with comprehensive information on what is happening in our community and resources we may need to access, including information to assist in breaking down barriers and helping individuals to make more informed decisions.
Our other initiatives and programs work towards connecting with and identifying the gaps in our community as well as ways in which we can help bring our community together.
- QueerEvents.ca - A central portal for all LGBT2Q+ events, resources and opportunities in London, Ontario and across southwestern Ontario.
- House of Anansi - A group that acts to create and promote events and spaces by the Queer Indigenous and Queer People of Colour community.
- Queer Book Club - A queer-facilitated discussion group dedicated to reading novels by queer authors that tackle a variety of subject matter and interests.
- Queer Prom for Youth - An annual event for LGBT2Q+ youth to experience a community of their peers in a space that focuses on positive messaging as well as a space where they can be free to be themselves without fear of bullying or discrimination.
- Queer Family PlayTime - A monthly event which provides a fun, safe and positive space for families of diverse identities to meet, play, learn and grow with each other.
- Queer Pub Night - This is a friendly social group for individuals who identify within the LGBT2Q+ community to enjoy conversations in a low key environments.
- Queering the Space - a 19+ LGBT2Q+ dance party.
- Create opportunities to connect through our events, programs & initiatives
- Empower our community with our online portal, QueerEvents.ca
- Contribute through education & advocacy to a more inclusive, diverse and welcoming queer community
Food for Queers
Stay Safe. Not Hungry
Providing support for 2SLGBTQ+ folks experiencing food insecurities within the city of London