Queer Prom For Youth
Queer Events is proud to present our annual Queer Prom for Youth. The goal of this event is to provide a safe and inclusive space for LGBT2Q+ youth and their allies to celebrate who they are as individuals and as a community.
Identifying as a member of the LGBT2Q+ community is slowly becoming more and more acceptable within mainstream society, however, Queer youth still face higher rates of bullying & social ostracism, often become the targets of verbal abuse & hate crimes, and face financial challenges along with higher rates of unemployment and homelessness.
These are some of the main motivators that drive Queer Events and our dedicated Queer Prom Volunteers to ensure Queer Prom for Youth is a free annual event.
With the support of our Community Sponsors, Queer Prom for Youth 2019...
- Over 400 people in attendance, including one awesome dinosaur
- Served well over 1000 beverages, snacks and desserts
- Created a space that resulted in grateful, happy and safe teens
- Dozens upon dozens of balloons, with one tragically sacrificed to the whales...again...
- Enjoyed great music and live performances, including an impromptu dance off
2019 Queer Prom Sponsors
Food for Queers
Stay Safe. Not Hungry
Providing food solutions for LGBT2Q+ folks within the City of London