Queer Prom For Youth
Queer Events is proud to present an annual Queer Prom for Youth. The goal of this event is to provide a safe and inclusive space for LGBT2Q+ youth and their allies to celebrate who they are as individuals and as a community.
Identifying as a member of the LGBT2Q+ community is slowly becoming more and more acceptable within mainstream society, however, Queer youth still face higher rates of bullying & social ostracism, often become the targets of verbal abuse & hate crimes, and LGBT2Q+ youth face financial challenges and higher rates of unemployment and homelessness.
These are some of the main motivators that drive Queer Events and our dedicated Queer Prom Volunteers to ensure Queer Prom for Youth is a free annual event.
Queer Prom for Youth Aims to be as Accessible as Possible
With the support of our Community Sponsors, Queer Prom for Youth 2017...
- Over 150 people in attendance, including one awesome dinosaur
- Served well over 200 beverages, sandwiches and desserts
- Created a space that resulted in greatful, happy and safe teens
- Dozens upon dozens of balloons, with one tragically sacrificed to the whales
- Enjoyed live performances, including an impromptu dance off